- DoMS does not participate in any B-School ranking (and hence you would often find it way behind in terms of ranks) since it believes in the philosophy of QED (Quiet Excellence Demonstrated).
- The placement figures of DoMS do not include the variable pay that are part of CTC. Hence, the figure appears smaller. Students generally end up with higher numbers because of good performance in their organizations.
- DoMS also accepts CAT scores besides JMET score for its admission process.
- DoMS runs the largest management research department in India and perhaps the largest in Asia.
- DoMS, IIT Madras offers Exchange Programmes, facilitated by MoUs with various universities from around the world specifically those in Germany. Following is a list of some of the colleges that have participated in the exchange program offered:
1.Mannheim Business School, Germany
2.University of Applied Sciences, Bremen
3.Helsinki Polytechnic, Finland
4.Concordia University, Canada
5.National University of Singapore
6.Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
7.Kyungpook National University, Korea
8.Management Centre Innsbruck, Austria
9.Imperial College, London
10.Nyenrode Business Universitiet, University of Applied Science, Salzburg
11.University of Duisburg Essen, Germany
- DoMS has a tie-up with ISB Hyderabad for Management Research.
- Our faculty member has been rated among the world’s top 20 researchers in the field of Operations Management.
- The HOD holds the credit for developing the world’s best queuing algorithm.
- Another Operations faculty member's PhD thesis won the 2008 Emerald / EFMD Outstanding Doctoral Research Award.
- The finance faculty member won the Dewang Mehta award for the "best faculty in finance".
- The HOD has been named among the top 5 researchers worldwide in terms of the number of citations in Operations Research papers.
- DoMS has its own library (besides the IIT central library) managed by students themselves.
- DoMS has been acknowledged to be the most student friendly department in IIT Madras.
- DoMS has recently launched Incubation Centre in association with Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Govt. of India to fund entrepreneurial ventures.